Dotafrica TV features DotConnectAfrica Registry Partner and Internet Pioneer CentralNic CEO, Ben Crawford
DotAfrica TV Features CentralNic CEO Ben Crawford, as he talks on history of CentralNic, Domain Name, New gTLDs and changes to the Internet Domain Name and his Company’s Strategy for Emerging Markets which includes Africa. CentralNIC is the Registry Partner for DotConnectAfrica’s .Africa registry.
DotAfrica TV brings Views, Opinions of Business, Internet & Technology to Life, It covers latest videos and media.
Crawford, who is considered an early Internet Pioneer was most recently named Business Person of the Week, said in his TV interview that
“Medium-sized businesses need more support
to stop them from falling over the tax cliff”
- CentralNic (AIM:CNIC) is a global company who powers many groups – Hollywood Names, Global 1000, Serial Entrepreneurs, and partners with them on their technology, including the latest and most popular “next generation” Internet domain brand (.XYZ), which has selected CentralNic as its registry and marketing partner.
- CentralNic, which traces its origins back to 1995 but anticipates a rapid expansion thanks to the recent liberalization of its industry. It recently went public. and plans to raise £5m in an initial public offering that values it at more than £30m.
- CentralNic recently announced that the Group intends to invest US$1.5 million in a Company which is in a contention set to acquire a new generic Top-Level Domain (“gTLD”).
- CentralNic is also investing US$ 1.62 million in Accent Media Ltd (“Accent Media”), the successful applicant for the .tickets new Top-Level Domain (“TLD”). CentralNic’s investment will equate to around 12% equity stake in the share capital of Accent Media (£1 ordinary shares).
- Few days ago, Key Industry players also announced that they will be raising $100million to London AIM Exchange in partnership with CentralNic.
In the latest news, CentralNic Group wins hotly contested top level domain battle. CentralNic (LON:CNIC), has beaten off seven other companies to win the rights to the .DESIGN top level domain. CentralNic now has exclusive global distribution rights to all domain names ending in .DESIGN, and will share in the worldwide revenues from the subscription sales of all .DESIGN domain names.
On the Developing Countries, CentraNic has applied for a slew of gTLDs during this application round at ICANN, and is “in the process of launching 28 New Domains and has many in contention” says Mr. Crowford, as well as “expects the driving force of the internet economy to come from the Developing countries and his company is keen to work with the respective countries such as Latin America, Asia and Africa”.
- In Africa, CentralNic has partnered with DCA Registry Services, Kenya in 2012“.africa” gTLD saying:
“This visionary initiative by DCA will also make full use of CentralNic’s deep experience doing business in the English-speaking, Arabic and Francophone worlds, ensuring that in DCA’s even-handed and responsible care, the .africa TLD will serve all of Africa and the global African diaspora”
- Soon after in 2013 CentralNic also strengthened its African presence by partnering with Africa.com an online web portal for Africa which avails “Carefully Selected News, Travel, Information & Lifestyle.” to provide domain name registry services.
Recent News and Profile on CentralNic can be found here.