ICANN’s Draft Vision, Mission & Focus Areas for a Five-Year Strategic Plan
The Draft Vision, Mission & Focus Areas for a Five-Year Strategic Plan [PDF, 313 KB] is a working draft to support the creation of ICANN‘s Vision and Five-Year Strategic Plan. It has been written based on brainstorming that occurred April – September 2013 and reflects input from ICANN‘s Board of Directors, community and staff.
In line with ICANN‘s commitment to the multistakeholder model, this working draft is provided for community discussion and public comment. It proposes a new Vision, reiterates ICANN‘s existing Mission, and describes five proposed Focus Areas with goals. At this stage of development, ICANN is seeking general feedback, as well as input on measurable outcomes for these Focus Area Goals:
Overall –Does this draft appropriately outline ICANN‘s future? Are we missing a strategic element you see as critical for ICANN to address in the next five years?
Focus Area Goals –What specific outcomes or achievements should we target for each of the Focus Area Goals? What quantitative / qualitative elements should we consider in measuring progress / results for each Focus Area Goal?
Your responses will help inform additional aspects that are not yet included, but will be elements of ICANN‘s final strategic and/or operating plans and budget, including: prioritization, timing/staging over five years, critical success factors, outcomes, resources, and metrics and monitoring.
Your feedback and input is critical. For your convenience, we have created simple templates for you to use as you send us your thoughts on the overall Vision and Mission as well as the five Focus Area Goals. Simply click on the links below to access the templates.
All feedback and input will be carefully considered for the proposed ICANN Vision and Five-Year Strategic Plan that will be posted for public comment.
Read ICANN‘s Draft Vision, Mission & Focus Areas for a Five-Year Strategic Plan [PDF, 313 KB]
Tell us what you think:
- Click here to comment on the Vision/Mission [DOCX, 35 KB]
- Click here to comment on I) Evolving ICANN‘s implementation of the multistakeholder approach [DOCX, 36 KB] for coordination
- Click here to comment on II) Developing a world-class public responsibility [DOCX, 36 KB] framework
- Click here to comment on III) Supporting a healthy unique identifier ecosystem [DOCX, 41 KB]
- Click here to comment on IV) Striving towards technical and operational excellence [DOCX, 36 KB]
- Click here to comment on V) Defining role clarity for ICANN in the Internet governance ecosystem [DOCX, 42 KB]
- Click here to provide general comments without using the templates
A session on Strategic Planning will held at the ICANN Buenos Aires meeting on Monday, 18 November 2013 at 17:15-18:45 – see http://buenosaires48.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-strategic-planning for further details.
(*) Comments submitted after the posted Close Date/Time are not guaranteed to be considered in any final summary, analysis, reporting, or decision-making that takes place once this period lapses.