U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled “Examining Safeguards for Consumer Data Privacy,”at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 26, 2018. This hearing will examine privacy policies of top technology and communications firms, review the current state of consumer data privacy, and offer members the opportunity to discuss possible approaches to safeguarding privacy more effectively.
“Consumers deserve clear answers and standards on data privacy protection,” said Thune. “This hearing will provide leading technology companies and internet service providers an opportunity to explain their approaches to privacy, how they plan to address new requirements from the European Union and California, and what Congress can do to promote clear privacy expectations without hurting innovation.”
- Mr. Len Cali, Senior Vice President—Global Public Policy, AT&T Inc.
- Mr. Andrew DeVore, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Amazon.com, Inc.
- Mr. Keith Enright, Chief Privacy Officer, Google LLC
- Mr. Damien Kieran, Global Data Protection Officer and Associate Legal Director, Twitter, Inc.
- Mr. Guy (Bud) Tribble, Vice President for Software Technology, Apple Inc.
- Ms. Rachel Welch, Senior Vice President, Policy & External Affairs, Charter Communications, Inc.
*Witness list subject to change.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Dirksen Senate Office Building G50
Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.