On .health “.health”
THE INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR EXPERTISE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CASE No. EXP/409/ICANN/26
PROF. ALAIN PELLET, INDEPENDENT OBJECTOR (FRANCE) vs/ AFILIAS LIMITED
This expert determination arises out of a Limited Public Interest Objection by
Professor Alain Pellet, Independent Objector (“Objector”), to the application of
Afilias Limited (“Applicant”) for the generic top level domain (gTLD) “.health”
(Application No. 1-868-3442).
83. In light of the above reasons, the Expert Panel hereby renders the following Expert
1. Prof. Alain Pellet, the Independent Objector and the Objector in this matter, has
failed to establish that the gTLD “.health” applied for is “contrary to general
principles of international law for morality and public order” (Guidebook, art.
2. The Applicant Affilias Limited prevails in this proceeding and the Objection is
3. The Applicant is thus entitled to a refund of its advance payment of costs by the
International Chamber of Commerce pursuant to Article 21(d) of the Procedure.
84. This Expert Determination constitutes the Expert Panel’s final and binding findings.
Read the decisions here
THE INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR EXPERTISE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CASE No. EXP/453/ICANN/70
RAKUTEN, INC. (JAPAN) vs/ AMAZON EU S.À R.L. (LUXEMBOURG)